Grappling ace Hérica Tibúrcio scored the biggest win of her young MMA career in the main event of Invicta Fighting Championships 10 tonight in Houston, Texas. The 21-year-old Brazilian submitted Michelle “The Karate Hottie” Waterson to claim the Invicta FC Atomweight Championship.
Tibúrcio showcased her submission skills throughout tonight’s 105-pound headliner and she had Waterson in danger on multiple occasions before finishing the bout with a third-round guillotine choke. In the bantamweight co-feature, Tonya “Triple Threat” Evinger mauled Cindy “Battlecat” Dandois.
– Hérica Tibúrcio defeats Michelle Waterson via Guillotine Choke at 1:04 of round 3
– Tonya Evinger defeats Cindy Dandois via Armbar at 1:23 of round 2
– Roxanne Modafferi defeats Andrea Lee via Split Decision
– DeAnna Bennett defeats Jennifer Maia via Unanimous Decision
– Peggy Morgan defeats Andria Wawro via Unanimous Decision
– Alexa Grasso defeats Alida Gray via TKO at 1:47 of round 1
– Jinh Yu Frey defeats Cassie Robb via RNC at 2:36 of round 1
– Rachael Ostovich defeats Evva Johnson via Split Decision
To read the full event recap, (click here).